Due to an increase of projects my client is looking to add to their Management team. This role is for a well established, major building contractor based in Milton Keynes.
The successful candidate will be part of a team responsible for various projects around Chelmsford specialising in Housing.
- promote and maintain health and safety, including site inspections to ensure safety rules are being followed
- plan and coordinate a project from start to finish, including organising the schedule of work, costings and budget
- Provide input and support to the pre-construction teams in producing Programmes and construction methodologies
- plan the work and oversee the buying of necessary materials and equipment
- hire and manage staff for the project
- manage the construction site on a day-to-day basis, including supervising the labour force, monitoring subcontractors, checking materials, inspecting work and overseeing quality control
- ensure the project is delivered on time and on budget by setting benchmarks, agreeing budgets and monitoring progress
- check design documents with architects, surveyors and engineers
- write reports
- maintain regular communication and attend meetings with clients and their representatives to inform them of progress on the project, i.e. stakeholder management
- communicate with any consultants, subcontractors, supervisors, quantity surveyors and others involved in the project
- deal with any unexpected problems that may occur during the project.
Applicants must have previous Project Manager experience and be able to provide references from previous employers
The potential candidate for this Project Manager position must have can do attitude, be punctual and reliable