Due to an increase of projects my client is looking to add to their Management team a Health and Safety Manager to ensure the effective implementation of the SHE Management systems and ensure the effective management of health and safety aspects across the business.
- Ensure that the McLaren Management Procedure (MMP) is promoted and adhered to on all projects and that all site activities are undertaken in line with the MMP.
- Carry out safety audits & inspections, reviewing health and safety issues, addressing and implementing change as required.
- Promote a positive Health and Safety culture throughout the business and promote Health & Safety best practice, campaigns and innovation.
- Be aware of current legislation, raise changes to the SHEQ Department as and when necessary.
- Ensure activities observed are carried out in accordance with the current legislation, industry best practice and MMP.
- Where appropriate attend meetings with clients demonstrating and reinforcing McLaren Safety procedures.
- Assist in the monitoring and review of the MMP and working procedures and help to contribute as to where improvements are required.
- To respond to requests for advice which fall within the Health & Safety Manager’s area of expertise, through discussion with the Divisional Head of Health & Safety if required, and others where necessary.
- Investigate accidents and incidents, producing detailed factual reports identifying root causes and recommendations for improvement.
- Monitor work activities on site and when required provide advice and guidance on safe working practices to contractors.
- Attend on site 4 Weekly SHE meetings with Project teams
-NEBOSH General Certificate in H & S
-NEBOSH Certificate in Construction H & S
-Minimum NVQ (Level 4 – 6) Occupational H & S