Due to an increase of projects my client is looking to add to their estimating team. As an Estimator you will be working for a Roofing contractor based in Milton Keynes.
This estimating role will also include an element of quantity surveying, confirming best value of materials and labour.
An Estimator/QS will be expected to perform any of the following tasks:
- Form a close working relationship with the Managing Director, Contracts Manager, Health & Safety team, Operations Manager, Project Managers.
- To have a high level of understanding for health & safety and current regulations.
- To read through any contractual requirements and make them know to the operations Director / Manager.
- liaising with clients to identify their needs and advise of any cost saving possibilities.
- Identifying and weighing up commercial risks.
- Confirming credit check has been made for new and existing clients.
- Researching materials, equipment and labour costs.
- Gathering competitive quotes from sub-contractors and suppliers.
- Helping with bids for new contracts and supporting buying activities.
- Working with OD, OM & PM’s ensuring the correct labour rates have been allowed for.
- Prepare relevant and reliable forecasts to pass to Finance Director, Operations Director / Operations Manager.
- Build and maintain long-term relationships with the key clients and bring in new contacts to the company, enabling steady growth to the estimating & QS team.
- Presents prepared estimates by assembling and displaying numerical and descriptive information.
If this role interests you, please contact Connor on 01908 639093.