Due to an increase of projects my client is looking to add to their estimating team. As an Estimator you will be working for a well established roofing and building contractor based out of Milton Keynes
The successful candidate will be part of a team responsible for estimating work for various projects, including Pitched and Flat roofing. Gathering proposals, drawings, specifications and all related documents from the client and manufacturers.
This estimating role will also include an element of quantity surveying, confirming best value of materials and labour.
An Estimator/QS will be expected to perform any of the following tasks:
- Form a close working relationship with the Managing Director, Contracts Manager, Health & Safety team, Operations Manager, Project Managers.
- To have a high level of understanding for health & safety and current regulations.
- To read through any contractual requirements and make them know to the operations Director / Manager.
- liaising with clients to identify their needs and advise of any cost saving possibilities.
- Identifying and weighing up commercial risks.
- Confirming credit check has been made for new and existing clients.
- Researching materials, equipment and labour costs.
- Gathering competitive quotes from sub-contractors and suppliers.
- Helping with bids for new contracts and supporting buying activities.
- Working with OD, OM & PM’s ensuring the correct labour rates have been allowed for.
- Prepare relevant and reliable forecasts to pass to Finance Director, Operations Director / Operations Manager.
- Build and maintain long-term relationships with the key clients and bring in new contacts to the company, enabling steady growth to the estimating & QS team.
- Presents prepared estimates by assembling and displaying numerical and descriptive information.
If this role interests you, please contact Connor on 01908 639093.
Estimator – Estimating – Quantity Surveyor – Quantity Surveying