Key roles and responsibilities:
- Attend design team meetings to co-ordinate architects, engineer’s and sub-contractor information. Assist the contracts manager in producing and co-ordinating meeting minuets.
- Carrying out drawings reviewed to identifying clashes, errors, omissions and issuing our comments. Then ensuring all comments are accurately integrated into the design, ensuring all trades and specialists are fully co-ordinated.
- Reviewing design information to ensure compliance with the contract specifications, drawings, and relevant documents.
- Providing design support to Project Management teams.
- Review and implement value engineering opportunities.
- Utilising specialist consultants coordinate the information and design to ensure BREEAM and Part L (SBEM) compliance are attained as required.
- Coordinate the submission of information to satisfy Building Control compliance.
- Submitting Design information to the client team and recording, tracking and closing out any comments and queries that arise.
- Ensure all drawings are distributed to the design team and sub-contractors.
- Reporting design progress to the design manager to ensure all deadlines are met.
- Looking after the design process for up to 3 projects at once ranging between £1 – £10 million.
- Working as a design co-ordinator for a minimum of 2-3 years for a main contractor, preferably within the industrial/commercial sector on projects between £1 – £10 million. Alternatively working as an architect reviewing drawings and looking to make the move to a main contractor.
- Strong I.T skills, familiar with Microsoft software. CAD/Bluebeam skills a benefit but not required.
- A strong understanding of the design & construction processes.
- Ideal candidate will have experience reviewing civils, levels, drainage, concrete, S278, S106, S50, steel frames, cladding, internals, and M & E.