DESIGN COORDINATOR REQUIRED
We are currently looking for a Design Coordinator for a successful and well established contractor who specialise in Commercial, Industrial and Warehousing in and around Milton Keynes.
The ideal candidate for this Design Coordinator role will have a proven track record and has worked on projects ranging from £1M-£10M.
- Attend design team meetings to co-ordinate architects, engineer’s and sub-contractor information. Assist the contracts manager in producing and coordinating meeting minuets.
- Carrying out drawings reviewed to identifying clashes, errors, omissions and issuing our comments. Then ensuring all comments are accurately integrated into the design, ensuring all trades and specialists are fully co-ordinated.
- Reviewing design information to ensure compliance with the contract specifications, drawings, and relevant documents.
- Providing design support to Project Management teams.
- Review and implement value engineering opportunities.
- Utilising specialist consultants coordinate the information and design to ensure BREEAM and Part L (SBEM) compliance are attained as required.
- Coordinate the submission of information to satisfy Building Control compliance
- Submitting Design information to the client team and recording, tracking and closing out any comments and queries that arise
- Ensure all drawings are distributed to the design team and sub-contractors by liaising with the design and information coordinator.
- Reporting design progress to the design manager to ensure all deadlines are met
- Working as a Design Coordinator for a main contractor for 1/2 years, preferably in the commercial/industrial sector
- Competent IT skills, familiar with Microsoft Software. CAD/Bluebeam skills are desirable
- Strong understanding of the design and construction process
- Experience reviewing Civils, Levels, Drainage, Concrete, Steel Frames, M&E, Cladding
Please call Frontline on (phone number removed) or email CV/Contact details to the email address stated if you are interested in this Design Coordinator vacancy.