CONTRACTS MANAGER – Roofing
Due to an increase of projects my client is looking to add to their Management team. This role is for a well established, Flat Roof contractor based in Milton Keynes.
Head office is based in Milton Keynes, however you will be required to cover various areas.
- promote and maintain health and safety, including site inspections to ensure safety rules are being followed
- plan and coordinate a project from start to finish, including organising the schedule of work, costings and budget
- Provide input and support to the pre-construction teams in producing Programmes and construction methodologies
- plan the work and oversee the buying of necessary materials and equipment
- hire and manage staff for the project
- manage the construction site on a day-to-day basis, including supervising the labour force, monitoring subcontractors, checking materials, inspecting work and overseeing quality control
- ensure the project is delivered on time and on budget by setting benchmarks, agreeing budgets and monitoring progress
- check design documents with architects, surveyors and engineers
- write reports
- maintain regular communication and attend meetings with clients and their representatives to inform them of progress on the project, i.e. stakeholder management
- communicate with any consultants, subcontractors, supervisors, quantity surveyors and others involved in the project
- deal with any unexpected problems that may occur during the project.
Applicants must have previous Contracts Manager experience, managing more than 2 projects at a time and be able to provide references from previous employers
The potential candidate for this Contracts Manager position must have can do attitude, be punctual and reliable